Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ginger Cordial

Posted in by TC | Edit
Yea, I finally got my latest Saveur magazine. As I was digging in, I saw a little blurb about a place in England that makes traditional cordials. Apparently they were originally started because all the men were drinking too much and was a way get them them to stop. Then there was a little recipe for a Ginger Cordial. I had to try it thinking it would make a great kiddie cocktail.



Ginger Cordial
2 cups sugar
1 water
4 inch piece of ginger chopped
Mince rind from 1 lemon
1 cup fresh lemon juice (I just used the juice from 2 lemons)

In a pot, add the sugar, water, ginger and lemon rind. Heat to a boil until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon juice and boil for 1 more minute. Strain into a glass jar and let cool.

Of course with the carnival going on in my head, I had to wonder how else I could change it. I ended up adding a handful of chopped mint to the boiling brew. Strained. Mixed it with club soda and let my official taster try.



I guess I'll be making this again

0 Comments


Leave a Comment