Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Carmel Sauce

Posted in by TC | Edit

It's been a long time since I've last updated this site but going to make a concerted effort in doing so. Not sure why but always had trouble either finding a good recipe or having a recipe work out for something as simple as Carmel Sauce. Yes, I know I could run to the store to buy some but after reading the ingredients and not being able to pronounce most of them.... I would rather make my own.

I did find a couple of recipes for Carmel Sauce over the years but this one seems to work and taste the best. Still don't remember where but here it is.

Carmel Sauce
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Water
1/4 cup Cream
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine the sugar and water under medium heat until sugar dissolves. Turn the heat up and boil until golden brown. Remove from heat right before the desired color since the sugar/water combination will continue to cook when removed. Stir in cream and vanilla, whisk until smooth. Let cool and enjoy.

I do have another recipe that I will continue to experiment with and will post results. This is for Shar! Semper Fi.

Photo by M

2 Comments


  1. Becky says:

    Oh my gosh. I'm going to have to give it a try this weekend. Just bought a new vat of vanilla ice cream.

    September 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM

  2. TC says:

    We also just went apple picking last weekend.... it makes a great apple dip

    September 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Leave a Comment